TV’S MOST MEMORABLE & BELOVED MOMS
Before we celebrate the moms in our lives on Mother’s Day this Sunday (May 14th), let’s take a minute to honor some of the moms who’ve made a big impact on our lives … the moms on TV. When we find one we relate to, it makes us feel less alone and helps us realize there’s no perfect one-size-fits-all way to parent. These are the most iconic moms from some of our favorite shows.
- The Dramatic Mom - Moira Rose, “Schitt’s Creek.” At first, it seemed like she cared more about her impressive wig collection than her “bebes” Alexis and David - like when she forgot Alexis’ middle name. But Moira showed actions speak louder than words and even though she’s self-absorbed, she was always there for her kids and even said “I love you” to them in the series finale.
- The Best Friend Mom - Lorelai Gilmore, “Gilmore Girls.” She started out as a teen mom, raised her daughter Rory as a single mom, and they have an unbreakable bond and truly are best friends. They’re honest, learn from each other and have some of the best witty banter in any show we’ve seen.
- The Every Mom - Rebecca Pearson, “This is Us.” TV shows typically only show us one part of a mom’s journey, but on this one, we get to follow Rebecca from the birth of her triplets, through the emotional roller coaster of her entire life. She put her kids first and did the best she could, which we can all relate to.
- The Spirited Mom - Rainbow “Bow” Johnson - “Black-ish.” As an anesthesiologist, she’s a busy working mom who may not always have it together, but her attitude doesn’t show it. Bow finds the bright side in any situation, even when her in-laws are throwing shade, her husband isn’t on her side or her kids are ganging up.
- The Blunt Mom - Sophia Petrillo, “The Golden Girls.” Sophia and her daughter Dorothy may seem to have a strained relationship at times, but tough love and honesty was their love language. This mom never stopped sharing life lessons with her daughter with those stories that started, “Picture it, Sicily 1922…”
- The G.O.A.T. - Carol Brady, “The Brady Bunch.” This TV mom is the greatest of all time because she was a trailblazer for blended families and she was way ahead of her time. Mrs. Brady gave advice, settled disagreements between her six kids, and showed us what an ideal family looked like. No wonder everyone wanted Carol Brady to be their mom!
- If we had Alice from “The Brady Bunch” helping us around the house, momming would be easier!
- Who’s your favorite TV mom of all time? What do you love about her?
- What TV mom do you most relate to? How is your life similar to hers?